2 cups thick Beaten rice/Avalakki/Pohe
1 medium sized onion - Chopped
2 finely chopped Green chilies
10-12 curry leaves
2 tbsp Peanuts (Optional)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 cup finely chopped Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice flakes in water. Drain all the water, splash some salt over it and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to select the thick rice flakes. Do not use the thin/paper soft rice flakes as it’ll dissolve while you wash the rice flakes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add peanuts and fry them until brown. Remove the peanuts and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the mustard seeds.
- Wait until the seeds sputter, then add curry leaves, Cumin seeds, Green chilies and Turmeric powder.
- Add finely chopped Onion and sauté for some time.
- Now, add soaked rice flakes and stir gently.
- Add salt for taste.
- Garnish the cooked Pohe with finely chopped Coriander leaves, fried Peanuts, and Lemon.