26 April 2010

Say NO to Plastic Bags



Yesterday, I was shopping at the Total Mall and I was in the queue for my billing. I was unsure that I would be going for shopping groceries or somehow it skipped my mind to carry my grocery bag!

I was done with the billing and I was all set to come out with 3-4 PLASTIC BAGS. Somehow, I felt ashamed as a couple behind me, started screaming "NO PLASTIC BAGS PLEASE, HELLOOOOOO NO PLASTIC BAGS PLEASE! WE HAVE GOT OUR OWN BAGS!!!". There are people who take the effort to carry their own bags, whenever and wherever they go. I really appreciated the couple there.

As I walked out from the second floor, I could see a man who had filled two bags (Cloth Bags) full of groceries. I felt happy to see at least two people carrying their own bags and made their contribution in saving the planet earth. Hats off to such people!

At the same time, I felt sad for not carrying my bag with me. 

 P.S: They are my shopping bags in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment